Monday 27 September 2010

Flares, platforms and...horses




Jeans- Sass & Bide
Top (With lace back) - New Look
Scarf - Vintage
 Wool Hat - Random shop in USA
Suede platforms - River Island


I LOVE these jeans. Been looking for some high waisted flares for ages, and thanks to good old ASOS, I managed to bag myself some Sass and Bides (Hudson Glides) for a fraction of their usual price!
They are very slimming on the butt (not that I need it- but in case some of you do) and have cool little pockets on the front and a scarf attached to the back pocket.

The platforms are also deeply loved by moi, bought off ebay but originally from River Island. They were good as new, and fit me like a buttery soft suede glove. The colour is sort of pinkey beige (nude I suppose!) with a subtle gold trim . Huge platforms and heels to I stand very tall when I wear them! (In fact, I'm so tall and they're so perfect, I'm always afraid to wear them so this shoot was a great excuse!)
The scarf is 100% silk and vintage, from a little boutique in my town. It has equestrain design which looks really classy.

The look is 70s and a bit western/country, with the hat and the horsey scarf.  I felt very USA. The little scarf on the back jean pocket is even the colours of the USA flag! (Ok I realise it could also be French or English!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm a new follower. I think you're off to a great start. Don't wait for followers or comments, girl! Do what you do and they'll come! I'm pretty new to this too and I had no followers or comments for at least a month after I started. But I made sure to post every week and commented and followed others as much as possible and now I'm seeing a steady stream of traffic. It's super fun so don't worry, you've got great style and the followers/comments will come. And yup, I live in NY! You should have a blast when you come!! Check out victoria's secret website. They sell clothes on the website only!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete